While we would love to give as many people as possible the opportunity to control the cams at some stage, the reality is that the bigger the group of people, the more complicated it will be to manage and coordinate, so we will start of with a relatively small group and possibly add more zoomies later once all is running smoothly.
So, what does it take to be a ‘zoomie’?
- a reliable, at least 1 Mbps, internet connection
- a willingness to commit about 10 hours/week for the next couple of months
- the ability to work well within a team of fellow volunteers
- a reasonable level of PC and internet skills
- the ability to work independently, but within a set of clear guidelines
- a basic knowledge of the common animals that can be seen on the cams
- a willingness to help and share knowledge with fellow zoomies
- your name, location and time zone
- an indication of how much time you would have available and at which days and hours this would be
- why you would like to be a zoomie
- a little bit about your past with WildEarth and/or Pete’s Pond (for my interest mostly 🙂
- an indication of your familiarity with the species that could be seen on the cams
Once a first selection is made I will get in touch with everyone to start the training and scheduling and get this show on the road as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you!
UPDATE: The application process for zoomies is open again.