One of the key features of our new site are the videomarks. These are like bookmarks in our huge archive library. Some of our cams have been archived back to 2008 and WE are still converting this footage into a format that can be viewed on all devices (including iPads and iPhones). The past 6 months of archive, and everything that is recorded from now, is available for viewing and videomarking.
You can watch the video above to see exactly how you create a videomark, but here are the steps …
- Go to the archives – Visit the archives at http://beta.member4.mystagingwebsite.com/video-archives … for now videomarks can only be created from the archives and not from the cam pages. However, we are working on speeding the archiving process up and will then begin to work on creating videomarks in real time. Currently recordings can take up to 30 minutes to appear in the archives.
- Pick an archive – Now select which cam’s archives you want to explore from the left drop down box under the video player.
- Change the thumbnail frequency – The default display of thumbnails in the matrix is one every hour, but you can change the frequency in the second (from the left) drop down box. You can select one thumbnail every 30 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes or even a thumbnail every 1 minute. Then by clicking the next button on the top and bottom right (or left) of the thumbnail matrix you can page through the days thumbnails.
- Change the date – Of course you can also select different days to view within the archive using the rightmost drop down menu. Or you can click the “previous day” button or the “next day” button (if you are not looking at today’s archive).
- Click the thumbnail – Once you have found a moment in the archives that you would like to view then just go ahead and click that thumbnail. The video should start playing in the player above the thumbnail matrix.